Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cobbler Tools


In the store we are always surrounded by leather products. Because of this, I can not help thinking about how cool it would be if you could repair or create your own goods. A belt or a wallet, or maybe my own boots.

During a meeting with Gabor, head of RW Lifestyle Europe, he showed me a little book about leather crafting he brought home from Japan. Later that week Teppei, the drummer from Thrice came in the shop and showed me a bifold wallet he made himself. Such events do get me inspired.



While checking out literature and tools about how to create leather items I found this set of antique cobbler tools on Ebay. It is a charming collection of hammers, knives, blade handles and other tools. Hard to see if they are still fully functional, because the tools look a bit decrepit...

No comments:

Post a Comment