Thursday, October 21, 2010

Levi's 507XX Jacket


Every 4 years you need a new rigid denim jacket. Why 4 years, and not 3 or 5? It will take you about 2.5 years to properly break in your current one. After the first dry cleaner appointment, it will take some years before it looks its best. After 4 years of frequent wear it might be best to start a new project. Otherwise it will get too worn out and this is not what you want. My Atelier laDurance jacket - which I will show soon - is so well worn in that I decided to buy a new one for myself on short notice.

I already decided 2 years ago that my next one would be a Levi's jacket. Why? I want to break it in so hard that collectors will confuse it with a real vintage. I am still a bit in doubt, but the the 507XX is on my hit list. The box shape, the selvage denim and all the classic little details get me excited.

In a few years it should look something like this:


(image 1 via superfuture, image 2 via rakuten.jp)

No comments:

Post a Comment